Instructions before the procedure
- Before bleaching, teeth cleaning and removal of calculus and pigmentation must be done in the clinic
- Ensure that there are no frontal caries or infections in the gums, and it is recommended to treat them before the procedure
- When there are front fillings or prosthesis, might have to be replaced after bleaching, due to the inability of the bleaching material to whiten the prosthesis and fillings.
- Maintaining the whitening result for a period of up to a year and more is possible and depends on your daily care after bleaching, brushing: twice a day and flossing: once a day, neglecting care makes the teeth acquire pigmentation easily
Many people think that teeth whitening is harmful to the surface of the teeth, and this is incorrect. Beautification and improving the color of the teeth is desirable and improves the person’s self-confidence in presence with society.
Teeth bleaching in the clinic takes 15-minute per cycle, and the number of cycles varies according to the doctor’s, and the ability to tolerate the resulting sensitivity, and we need at least 45 minutes to perform the bleaching
Sensitivity and pain during and after bleaching is normal, it is temporary and not permanent, and gradually disappears within three days
Instructions after the procedure
- There is an initial result after bleaching, and the final result is after a week
- Refrain from drinking tea, coffee and soft drinks during the first days after bleaching
- Commitment to brushing with toothpaste three times a day and making sure of the correct brushing method from your doctor helps greatly in maintaining the color tone
- Use dental floss at least once a day and if you have difficulty using it, practice it with your doctor or watch online videos
- It is recommended to use the water flosser twice a day to prevent yellow pigmentation between the teeth
- Scientifically: the result lasts for about a year, and this varies from person to another according to daily care, and you can repeat the procedure once a year or before an important occasion
- Bleaching toothpastes are never recommended to be used on a daily basis because they cause severe sensitivity in the teeth, and they can be used temporarily for one to two weeks each period.
- Reduce dyed foods such as food sauces (ketchup, saffron, beetroot) for two days.
- It is recommended to make home bleaching trays and start using them a week after the clinic bleaching, the trays help to support and stabilize the result of bleaching done in the clinic
- Use the trays for one to two hours day after day, and they can be used every once in a while before every occasion
- It is preferable to postpone the procedure of the front fillings for a period of one to two weeks after bleaching to ensure the stability of the color
- It is recommended to keep visiting dental clinic every 4-6 months to do teeth cleaning and polishing to maintain the new color tone for more than a year and a half
- Smoking interferes with bleaching, so if you want to bleach your teeth, you must reduce or stop smoking in order to maintain the result of the bleaching
Source: Almana Dental & Maxillofacial center